Sunday, November 1, 2009

What I've learned so far

Everything I've learned so far has been completely new to me, I've learned:
  • the basics of how to use vim and python.
  • about values, variables, types, statements, expressions, and the various operators and basic functions.
  • about function definitions, parameters, and arguments.
  • about boolean values and expressions and functions and logical operators.
  • about the "if", "else", and "elif" operators and conditionals.
  • the difference between "print" and "return".
  • about converting types and the very basics of using GASP.
  • about developing programs and program composition.
  • about boolean functions and function types.
  • (and finally) about using triple quotes and doctesting.
I have found the chapter exercises very beneficial in helping me better understand and utilize what I've learned and also gained a lot of experience debugging my programs. I have no idea what what to expect from the chapters ahead, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot and become a much more knowledgeable programmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment